generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Late 20's?

No, 27 is not late 20's. 27 is still mid-20's.
And so is 29. And 32.

Lord I'm old.

Bob's mom brought Maddie in for lunch w/ me at school on my birthday. :-) So fun to show my girl off. She waltzed right up to a 2nd grade boy and tried to climb up him. And I must say that I'm now quite a fan of cute little girl dresses, now that she can walk. This is going to be a fun spring/summer. Damn she looks cute in dresses.Oh well. Feminists, sue me. She was SO adorable.
She caused such a distraction in one classroom when we walked by that the teacher asked us to come back in and let Maddie walk around - and give the kids a subject for their journal entry of the day, "What's Maddie Up To?" Cute cute cute. Later we went out for Mexican, gorged on nachos, and other combinations of tortillas with cheese, meat, and vegetables (that's really all Mexi places are, face it!) and threw cheerios all over the floor. Bob, like any smart husband, got me jewelry. And a DVD.

Bob's mom said 'officially' that she's on board for watching the kiddos. (Maddie plus sibling.) So we started talking about when this sibling is coming. And we started realizing that if we want this kiddo while Maddie is 2, we gotta start seriously thinking about this kiddo soon. No, not SOON, but earlier than I thought. These things just creep up on you. I feel like I just got done being pregnant. It wasn't particularly fun, beyond the extra cutesy-futesy attention and excuse to get lots of gifts. Blood sugar testing sucks. Sleeping on your sqashed left side constantly sucks. Not being able to tie your shoes sucks. Babies rock though, so they're worth it. But Maddie's birth, hospital time, and first few weeks were not exactly easy, and I'm a little scared of repeating them. Who knows if it will be the same, but I'm naturally a little apprehensive. *sigh* But on the other hand it will be SO awesome to have 2 kids. Well, I don't have to consider it JUST yet.

Well, my 5th graders are looking slightly less on-task. Time to go to work. They're writing rhythm compositions in rondo form. This is loud, but fun. Probably should have picked a quieter activity for the week of the NJ ASK testing. Oops. The kids need to cut lose and have a looser assignment this week, I think.

And they're gone. I like this altered schedule, I actually have 10 minutes in between classes to set up! Imagine!
Well, 1st is on their way. We're having a ridiculously easy week. I'm doing individual assessments while they watch a movie. I call them back one by one and have them do a rhythm and pitch assessment at my desk, then they get to go back and watch a MOVIE (treat of treats, they don't get that joy in my room much) and it's a very easy period for all of us. Which if fortunate, because grades are due next week and I'm about to be buried in them with all the evals I'm doing this and next week. What fun.

No comments: