generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, June 29, 2007

June 29th - Going Down the Shore

Well, tomorrow, at approximately 3 PM, we'll be driving the jam-packed minivan down the AC expressway and heading "down the shore". (It'll be more like 4:30 by the time we actually pull out of the driveway, but whatever.) Staying for the whole week at this lovely house my in-laws rented on 4th, about 5 houses from the beach.
I'm excited about beaching it for a week. I'm also more than a little nervous about doing it with a 7 month-old and all the rigors, worries, and paraphernalia that a 7 month-old brings along. But I bought a really nice beach chair, and I'm going to attempt to set at least the worries aside and have a good time. I know it's crazy worrying about a vacation...but let's lay it on the line (it'll make me feel better and get me organized, so you'll just have to deal with my neurotic, worry-wart ways):

  • Maddie's eating better, but it's still 'interesting' sometimes. Still refusing to take bottles sometimes, although that's getting better and better. Still not all that into solids - except blueberry applesauce; practically licked a big jar clean today. And today was the first day in a while that she hasn't projectile vomited all over. She did take 23 ounces today, mostly willingly. :-) And 4 oz. of blueberry applesauce. :-)
  • We're sharing a room with her for the first time since she was 2 weeks old. We'll put her to bed and not really be able to go back in there till we're ready for bed and then we'll have to be REALLY quiet - and Bob snores like the dickens. This is going to be interesting. I predict lots of static, right by her sweet little head, to keep her asleep. Nick (Bob's brother) and Sean (Bob's sister's boyfriend), who were supposed to be sharing the 3rd bedroom in the house, aren't going to be there every night - so we may get to put Maddie in there some nights. She's been having a lot of night wakings lately because of the reflux and her empty tummy, but we'll hopefully get rid of those soon.
  • We have to take an insane amount of stuff. I mean CRAZY piles of gear here. It's going to take some creative packing to get it into the van. Tons of stuff. Mounds. You have no idea how much junk it takes just to take care of a baby for a week. Unless you have one. In which case, you do know, and it's all over your house too. And then there's all the beach stuff. And clothes. I must somehow not forget to pack clothes.
  • It's 12:30ish and I really want to go to bed. Lord knows how long Maddie will stay asleep.
  • My mom says that going on vacation with a kid isn't a "vacation" at all. I'm hoping that Maddie's doting grandparents might take some of that burden off of us from time to time. While I do hope that they consult with Bob or I before the give her ice cream or put her on a ride at Wonderland Pier, I'm hoping they'll get their fill of babying, and get some nice flashbacks from Bob, Nick, and Laura's babyhood. My mom is also coming down a day or two, so she can stop complaining that she hasn't been to the beach in years because there's nobody to go with. She'll like playing in the sand with the girl, I'm sure. And hopefully Bob and I will get some baby-worry-free reconnection time. Because with school, house, life, and a baby you spend triple the usual time just trying to get to eat, time for your hubby gets put waaaay back on the back burner. And I need a little hubby time.

No comments: