generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

July 11th - Review of "Down the Shore", and on with summer

It was very nice, all in all!

The house was beautiful, large and modern (you run into hotel rooms from the 1970's frequently in OCNJ). The location was great - block and a half from the beach! The weather didn't cooperate all that readily; 4th of July fireworks were canceled and stupidly rescheduled for Saturday night, despite the fact that houses change over renters on Saturdays, so everybody who came for the 4th was getting majorly jipped out of some fireworks over the ocean. It was cold and rainy for a day and a half or so, the rest of the week it was party sunny and warmer, Friday it was absolutely gorgeous. Maddie didn't sleep the first night we were there, so that night was Hell on wheels, but every night after that she not only slept, she slept THROUGH, with no complaint at all. She got lots of attention from the grandparents and aunt and uncle, and we discovered that she's a perfect boardwalk baby. She either gazed at the lights, transfixed for hours, or she'd happily pass out and we'd do as we pleased. Good stuff. We were sorry to go, but ready to get back to our house and our own bed. (Isn't it amazing how no other bed is like your bed?)

So now summer has officially begun. Earlier I posted my "lofty" goals for the summer. Reading over them reminds me to just what extent my domestication has progressed. :-) I forgot to add "clean out and reorganize the linen closet". Hey, it's a mess. It ain't solving world hunger or learning a new language, but I'm looking forward to that and all my other little jobs for the summer.

Today I went shopping, and that was my major accomplishment. I actually lazed around for the morning and tried to decide what the world I would do today. Life as a full-time working mommy on top of concert season and grades and the end of the year and whatnot really left me in this "must-do-something-at-all-times" mode. I actually had to sit back and remind myself that it's summer - the beginning of summer! I don't HAVE to do anything except enjoy my kid and happy and well and keep the house from eating us alive. Still, I like the satisfaction of being able to sit down at the end of the day and say, "Today I did ________".

Tomorrow we're possibly visiting Bob's mom at the hospital - had surgery today, doing well. I'm going to actually accomplish something on my list tomorrow. I can feel it.

No comments: