generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, July 29, 2007

July 29th - Summer Goals, revised

Summer Goals 2007, an update:

o Read Dan Brown's Angels and Demons - really, I've spent so much time reading Harry Potter 6 & 7, and I have the Orff book to read. Not realistic.

o Create recorder method packet w/ Bob

o Prep September lesson plans

o Read Discovering Orff and create Orff unit for each grade level

o Paint bedroom furniture white - we decided it wasn't work the time or money.

o Get/Stay caught up with What to Expect Done!

o Organize/Put away Maddie’s clothes - Done, and she needs some! I've been spoiled by all the clothes we got as gifts, we barely have any 9-12 month clothes here! Must hit Target hard, but first we're going to wear the 6-9 monthers for all they're worth, till she busts the snaps.

o Set up Maddie’s play area better (to actually be used) - Done, although we don't use it a whole lot anyway. We usually don't hang out downstairs until after she's in bed, unless it's brutally hot. She's getting better at independent play every day - and getting more mobile. THAT'S when that gated-off area will be more useful, when we need to contain her crawliness!

o Hang the quilt Aunt Collete made on the wall in Maddie’s play area

o Wash curtains in all rooms - ick, it's time

o Research allergens for babies and create month by month chart to turn over to all babysitters - "No, it's not ok for her to try a bite of your peanut butter cookie yet" - Done!

o Have college friends for a visit? Looking unlikely, with work schedules.

o Go to the shore and do boardwalk things w/ the family

o Order pictures from Winkflash - get caught up!

o Get/Stay caught up with baby book - almost done, but I need pictures! (Hence the above task of ordering pictures from winkflash.

o Update scrapbooks

o Create 2003-2006 family photo albums on Winkflash

o Have family picture taken professionally (JC Penny?)

Well, we're not doing fantastic, but we're not doing too badly either. Lots of stuff I can accomplish this week (God willing), just by sitting down and being productive on the computer for once. Get those pictures and albums ordered, so I can update books, etc.

I am DYING to go back to the boardwalk for an evening, maybe this week? (Next week my family's coming to visit.)

I told Bob about the JCP picture tonight, just have to make the appointment.

The school stuff I'm simply not ready to tackle. Maybe tomorrow I'll devote to reading HP7, so I can get that out of the way and start the Orff book by August. Maybe I'll go to Target and buy stuff to hang the quilt, too. This, on top of caring for, feeding, giving medicine, wrestling bottles into, and diapering a suddenly very willful baby. When did my child get a mind of her own? This just won't do! Eh, she's my kid, after all, I should have seen this coming. At least she can't really crawl yet. Hmm, what will the day bring?

Ooh! Ooh! She took a 6 oz. bottle tonight PERFECTLY. Like, we sat down in the big chair in her room, layed her on my lap on the Boppy, relaxed a bit, offered her the bottle, and she just happily sucked it dry without a complaint to anyone. (Lately it's been episode after episode of something that might entertain a fan of professional wrestling.) Hopes are high for tomorrow. Again, who knows about tomorrow.

...either way, there will be swimming because I haven't been in my own pool in over a week, and that's just sad and pitiful. Starving children in China would be happy to have that pool!

No comments: