generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, October 08, 2007

Walking at Work

I started walking during my lunches on Friday. Yes, that means I've done it a whopping 2 times, but I figure if I get on here and announce that I'm doing it I'll have to actually stick with it a little longer than if I hadn't announced it to all of cyber space. I have an old pair of sneakers and a pair of socks under my desk, and I brought in our old MP3 player to play some tunes on while I walk. Most days I teach 3 classes and am on my lunch period by 11:45. I take off and am freshened up, back inside, and walking down to lunch by 12:20 or so. I made it around the grounds twice in 20 minutes today - it's a very large building, all right? It's two schools in one, plus soccer fields galore.

They may actually be right about exercise releasing endorphines (sp?), helping you feel better the rest of the day. I do feel much more awake and alert than I usually do after lunch. (When I usually have to bribe myself with coffee in order to lift my head off the desk so I can get back to work.) Seriously, though, I'm wondering if all that post-exercise-feel-good stuff just has more to do with the fact that you were doing something entirely unpleasant earlier (exercising, after all, sucks) and now you're, well, sitting at a desk. NOT MOVING.

I'm hoping I can get it in 3-4 times a week.
And I still plan to have after lunch coffee, for the sake of my 1st graders. They need a pleasant Mrs. D.

No comments: