generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

October 18th - Blowing off a little steam

Remember that old adage that you shouldn't upset a pregnant woman?
Apparently people don't buy that anymore.

I have 40 minutes till my first class of the day comes in. I have them from 10:40 to 11:30, then lunch, then at 12:30 I have a 5th grade, then at the time I dismiss them a 1st grade is already lined up in the hall, and their class goes until 2:10. But their teacher is a friend of mine, and she always stays in my room a few minutes with them so I can run and take a quick pee break. Then the second I lose them, I start a TERRIBLE 3rd grade, and they go till 3:00. At 3:05 (hooray, an actual bathroom break built in!) I start Chorus with my 68 talkative little cherubs. So there's that marathon-simulating practice, and then I have 20 minutes to book it to Voorhees for a growth scan.

I'm getting SICK of all these appointments, man. I mean, seeing her is awesome, finding out how she's doing is awesome, trying to schedule them so I don't lose all my sick days before I actually go out on maternity leave and burn them all up anyway is NOT fun. Both offices I deal with have the worst hours in the world. Well, not really, just ridiculous hours for the procedures they want me to have done. My OB is open till 9! And of course for these NST's & AFI's, they want you to come in weekly. What do other people who work do, I ask? "Oh, you think this is bad, wait till you try to get a pediatrician appointment while you're working, it's impossible, you always have to take off." GRRR...not the freakin' pediatrician I signed up with! They have 2 offices, and they're open till 9 PM, and on Satrudays all day, so take that, bitches...not that I'm bitter.

So then there's that rush out the school door and to the hospital for an ultrasound. And those appointments have taken 2 hours before, with all the waiting. It BETTER not today, because then I have to drive home as quickly as my tiny Saturn will navigate through the traffic. And then I change into comfy clothes and wolf down dinner (that's SO healthy for you when you're pregnant and your stomach compressed into 1/3 its usual size, btw) and turn around and run right back to the hospital for our last prenatal class, complete with the infamous hospital tour. I'm TOTALLY excited about the tour and the class, and I have some big questions for the instructor, but seriously, I would be SOOO much happier doing this tomorrow.

I'm SO tempted to cancel my 1/2 personal day tomorrow (which I had to take to get another set of NST's and AFI's done, weekly, remember?) and just call in sick the whole day...hmmm...would the world judge me harshly? Would subfinder try to kill me? Do I care? All this running is NOT good for me, I can feel it. You know how your body just TELLS you something sometimes? Like, "you're getting a cold tomorrow!" I get that one particular achey feeling and I just KNOW it's feel-like-crap time. I can just feel it, and it's not a good feeling. Hmm... wonder how the logistics of that would work out, since I already took the 1/2 personal day. I'm going to go ask Steph (computer teacher)...she'd know.

Well, have to cut this short then, since all this complaining has lead me to the conclusion that I'm a wuss and need a mental/physical/baby health day. Plus I hurt in places I didn't know could hurt.

No comments: