generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, May 17, 2007

May 17th - Light at the End

Sha-ZAM, and the concert is done. Went well. No major screw-ups, nothing that I have to think back on and have it ruin my memory of the concert with a "cannot. believe. I. did. that." moan.

Today is a personal day for me. Took one after my concert cause I'm a BAD WIDDLE GIRWL and I miss my little girl. Of course, my little girl has been out for over an hour now and SHIT I gotta go.

***

and that was me running late for a car appointment. But I don't care.
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Do NOT buy a car from Toyota or Turnersville in the Turnersville Auto Mall. I'm quite satisfied with my Toyota, make no mistake, but this dealership SUCKS. See this blog at a later date for a full explanation.

I'll do another subject-based summary of my life, because I know ya'll are just SO interested:

*School: 24 more days left. Concert went well. Too many kids in Chorus and I'm cutting it down to only 4th & 5th next year. Bad behavior and they won't hire me an assistant (or an accompanist, for that matter), so I'm just going to have to stop breaking fire codes and let less kids in, period. A teacher I can't stand is leaving to teach at another school. We're getting a new principal named Colleen, and my mentor & old principal, Sue, is going to a better position at another school in-district. The kids, some of them, not all, are getting REALLY bad. I blew my lid 3 times in one day w/ one class (the teacher of which is this award-winning nutcase who tries to be her 4th graders friend...it works in theory, hence the award. In practice, it makes for a very unruly bunch. Especially the boys). The entire Related Arts staff (5 of us) and most of the lunch aides, and, well, anybody who passes them in the hall all pretty much agree that they're all checked out. Still, I like school. I like the fact that we're almost on the "Friday" of the year even more.

House: It's a mess. I'm learning to embrace the mess, though.

Weather: Gorgeous. I love spring.

Maddie: I love my baby, too. She's still got reflux, we still have to count how many ounces she gets a day (19 1/2 min.) but she's getting (slowly) better (I think). Dr. Lerch wants to hold off on putting her on something stronger and hoping that she'll grow out of it in a few months. She IS taking more and more solids a day...I'm so ready for her to be on mostly solids and ditch this formula ounces thing. Of course that's like 6 months away...and she's not even 6 months old, so we've got a wait. She can pretty much sit up on her own now, she rolls really well, and she babbles a lot more. She also kicked the swaddle habbit about 2 weeks ago. We were trying, and she kept waking up ready and rarin' at 2 AM or whatever...and we'd chicken out and swaddle her and just like that, she'd pass out. She's been making it all night for a while now. My big girl! She's very smiley and happy and social. Loves people and loves to look at stuff and hates to miss a thing (hence the very few naps she takes). Again, can't wait for summer. Almost there, baby. But OH you should see the awesome 6 month clothes. The cuteness runneth over.

Oops, and the kiddo's awake. We'll see how long I can stay out of her room...She has been out for over an hour...hmmm...

Family: Both of my grandfathers aren't well. Pappy (Mom's side) was hospitalized twice this month; once for a bleeding stomach ulcer and once for a blocked heart valve that ended in open-heart surgery. My other grandfather on my dad's side has had several strokes and lung problems, and he's being treated for depression...probably as a result of living with my grandmother. And NO that is NOT mean and uncalled for, believe me. My mom...shit, I was supposed to call my mom today. My mom came to visit last weekend w/ my sis. Good visit. She loved her Mother's Day gift. (Cute Maddie pictures in frame)

TV: I love "Scrubs". I don't miss having cable. Some nights we don't even turn it on at all. Just watch the morning news during breakfast.

Well, she's not going back to sleep. At least I finally posted!

Later!

1 comment:

Alex Elliot said...

I also love "Scrubs". Cute baby! Thanks for your comment on my blog.