generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, May 03, 2007

May 3rd - Quick Update

Maddie - She's awesome. Well, SHE is awesome. Her health is quesitonable right now, unfortunately, but we're making progress. She's doing the reflux thing again, in a bad way. We called the pediatrician Monday and he doubled her dose of Zantac and said we should see a difference in a week. If we don't see her eating well in 10 days she has to have an upper GI (not sure what that entails exactly but it doesn't sound good, especially for a 5-month old baby!). We basically do whatever we can to get food in her. Worrying like crazy about how much she eats. She's still on-target w/ her growth - 16 pounds 5 ounces and 26 inches long - but the doc wants her to have at least 700 or so calories a day...today I think she may have hit 550 or 600...and she did nothing but spit up today...green, too, since we're eating veggies. Viva greenbeans. She still eats solids like a pro, as long as she's not full. Rolling and doing great w/ upper body strength. We may have a crawler in a month or so. Gulp. Oh, and she finds Max hilarious and cuddly. Wants to watch him do tricks and pet him. So cute. Also getting baths in the big bathtub.


School
- Chorus concert in 2 weeks. Kids don't know the words to a few of the songs all that well. The sub picked too many songs (I told her to narrow the library down to no more than 6 and we're doing 7). The kids are also ridiculously badly behaved, and I'm in no position to kick them out of rehearsal (kick them where? The office is empty by 3:30 usually, who would watch that kid? Eh, I'm making a million changes next year. Not putting up with half of it again.

Rachel Ray is just way too damn perky.

Life - it's hard keeping the house clean and running. I don't like to do housework while Maddie's awake because it's our precious little time with her, so working after she goes to bed is necessary...and tiring. I'd like to take a giant pipe cleaner and clean out my nose & sinus cavity. Stupid allergies. My grandfather's health is failing and he's been in and out of the hospital for several issues. He had successful open-heart surgery today. Mother's Day is Saturday for me. Yes, that's what I said. The real Mother's Day is going to be spent hopping from house to house. Saturday is a free day, so we decided (I pouted, Bob decided) that Saturday is MY day. So happy first Mother's Day to me on Saturday. And Bob is awesome.

Damn Guliani. I actually kind of like him. And if I like him, we're screwed.

Time for bed. Sleepytime! YAY!

No comments: