generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Back 2 School

Went well! The new boss hasn't pissed me off yet, and actually acknowledged that, while it doesn't show up on a paper schedule, the Related Arts staff does a ton of 'extras' for the school. Field Day, Art Show, concerts, fixing everybody's computer...not to mention the gaggle of assemblies my cronies and I run every year. So she added "Enrichment" to our schedule, so we'd look better on paper. Yay for her.
Bob's tenured now, and his bosses are better than in previous years. A ape with a bathroom problem would be better than his previous years' bosses, to tell the truth.
Maddie's doing well with Nana during the day, and it hasn't killed me yet either. I know I'm going to miss some major milestone, but I already made it clear that under no circumstances do I want to hear about it, period. Her first step will be when her father and first see her take a step. Don't judge me, I'm a desperate mommy.
Poor kid bumped her face today twice, and screamed about it.
But yeah, school's good. Although I've only had 4 classes so far, so we'll see. Basically we get up at 6:00, get ourselves ready, then one of us gets Maddie up at 6:30, medicined, and dressed, while the other makes breakfast. We eat, play w/ her, watch the news, etc. till Bob's mom shows up and we head off to school. I race the hell out of there at 3:15 (3:13, lately) and get home before 4:00. Bob's mom hangs out and reports on the day, then goes, and we play with/medicine Maddie up. Then one of us feeds her while the other makes dinner, then more play, then whoever's on baby duty bathes and jammies her, then maybe a story or more crawling around, then bottle and bed by 8:00, sharp. It's actually been earlier lately. I worry that she only gets 10 1/2 hours of sleep at night, but she usually sleeps for another 2-3 during the day, so that's within the 'textbook' limits for her age's sleep needs. SHE tells us when she needs to go to bed though. Holy cow, does the banshee come out to shine!
So things are going pretty good.
OH! And the only bad news I have to report is that they've managed to block blogger.com at school, and I can't get around it! Damn it, when am I going to blog? So not cool...Bob says he thinks you can email in new posts. Here's hoping. After all, I need something to do during my preps! I'm finally to the point where I know what I'm doing and don't need to prep so much. It's beautiful. So I do the 'down time' stuff on the internet. Message boards, games, reading blogs, news, and so on. So I don't have to waste home time on them. Cause AFTER Maddie goes to bed, we hit "the checklist" hard. We set everything up for the next morning, so mornings go really smoothly. Set up the coffee maker, make lunches, even lay out the vitamins. Then with whatever energy we have left we clean parts of the house that need cleaning. Then computer time (cards time, if we ever get motivated), or TV time, then we go up to bed at 10:00, asleep by 10:30 or 11:00.
So far, it'll do.
Now if I could just figure out how to unblock blogger.com...

No comments: