generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, September 22, 2007

I like to bite the bullets.

I think they have a certain flare. Plus this way I don't have to come up with whole paragraphs. I seriously must look into my own ADD issues...

  • Musicovery.com is so nice.
  • So is Kneebouncers.com
  • Struggling with the working mom balance thing less, struggling with other people wanting Maddie time during Mommy Time more. Hands off, she's mine. Bob's exempt, of course.
  • On that subject, my mom visited this weekend.
  • My shampoo or something is giving me a itchy rash on my face and neck. So fun. So itchy. Do I have the energy or presence of mind to systematically figure out which early-morning shower product is doing it? Not at 6 AM. Please.
  • Bob closed the pool today. Fall starts tomorrow. Not sure if that's a :-( or a :-)
  • It's a :-( for Bob because the cover was a bitch. Stupid cover.
  • Bobby also ordered a 1 gig memory upgrade for my lappy, because it's gotten worse and worse lately. I grow old every morning waiting for it to get through its digital calisthenics and actually start up. Can't wait for the new speed to arrive.
  • The dog and I are doing a love-hate thing lately. We have blond tumbleweeds everywhere, he cuts it waaaay too close for comfort when he bounds around the house...right over Maddie's head.
  • On the other hand, she will now crawl through his legs like she's going under and overpass. She does this just to get those gray hairs started on my scalp.
  • She now eats pieces of: string cheese, whole wheat bread, noodles of all kinds, meatballs, peas, carrots, banana, cake, and of course vanilla ice cream is a big hit. Yes, that's what I said. All of you who save cake for the first birthday are missing the delighted smile of a toothless wonder chomping on a fresh piece of yellow butter cake. It's a sight. You are then the hero, eternal, in their eyes.
  • Does anybody know where they sell foam rubber suits in 12 months size? She started to cruise (walk, holding on to furniture) this week, and she has yet to figure out that she needs to continue holding on in order to stay upright...and not bang her head. How about baby-sized helmets? She fell backwards and took a pointed, star-shaped block straight to the back of the neck today. I immediately started getting visions of this spinal cord injury hospital I visited as a kid. I'm not going to survive her toddler hood, am I?
  • I think I may like Men At Work (the band from the 80's). Don't tell anyone.
  • I am still mostly impressed with the new principal at our school. She hasn't taken much crap from parents, she's showed a backbone, and yet you don't feel like you're talking to your boss when you're chatting with her. And she drops curses left and right in her office. I like that in an elementary school principal. You have to be able to swear somewhere in that building, damn it.
  • Done my 'homework'. Wrote out my curriculum maps for the whole year, and with the exception of planning multicultural dance unit with the gym teacher, I'm done, and pretty happy with it. 5th may need tweaked, I was rushing by then. Now I just have to go through and list all the songs we MUST do in addition to the lessons I've lined up, and we'll be in lesson-planning heaven.
  • Now it's bedtime. I can't make it past 10 without at least wanting to pass out.

No comments: