generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Nov. 8th - What now?

So here we are, Maternity Leave day 3, and I'm out of ideas.

No, not really, but I kind of hit a speed bump in the whole nesting thing. A speed bump called my COUCH.

I was GOING to go to Wal-Mart and attempt to return the mountain of pink crap I got from my faculty shower. And look for stationary for the Christmas letter, possibly by hitting a few office supply stores if Wal-Mart didn't work. I was then even entertaining thoughts of driving to a craft store and buying the picture frames we're going to give people Baby D.'s picture in for Christmas. But we're going to Wal-Mart the day after tomorrow anyway, to grocery shop. And it's raining. And I have laundry to do. And the only clean pants I can actually fit in aren't exactly go-out-of-the-house pants. They're a tad, uh, baggy. I know, it's Wal-Mart, and going to Wal-Mart is a sure-fire way to make yourself feel both prettier and smarter instantly. But still, I have my pride.

So here I sit. I have to call our Family Practice doctor and get appointments for flu shots for Bob and I. I have to finish reading the Newborn section of "What to Expect the First Year". I have to write the Christmas letter - all except for the baby news, obviously, cause we don't know the end of that story yet. I have to figure out where those receiving blankets are going to go in baby's room - I ran out of room in the drawers. Hmmm...what else? I have to figure out what we're getting everybody for Christmas and make that shopping list so we can start on that this weekend. And I don't feel like doing any of it.

Why should I, I have time, right? Hopefully...see, here's the way it'll work:

I'll get the whole "Get Done Before Baby-Time" list done and THEN some, and I'll end up sitting around for weeks, nothing to do, and deliver a week late.
OR...
I'll relax, put my feet up, and not get it done, and deliver tomorrow.

Well, I'm having little contractions still, nothing painful, who knows.

Bob has off Thursday and Friday for the NJEA teacher's convention - which he's not going to, YAY! - and so we have a nice 4-day weekend together. We have several doctor appointments - you have them frequently at this stage of the game. Thursday we have the usual non-stress test, fluid check, & Dr. appointment at 1:00, and a pediatrician 'interview' appointment at 4:30. Friday we have a growth scan at 11:30. Saturday we have Breastfeeding class at 9:00 and then we're going dryer shopping. (Our dryer sounds like a roomful of over-tired, over-spoiled Kindergarteners who've just been told there's no snacktime or reccess today.) And Sunday is normal, going to Bob's folks at night. All of this of course hinges on us NOT going into labor. But we know that won't happen, since I'd kind of like it to.

I'm really kind of hoping we can go to the movies tonight. We've had this gift certificate for months now, and I'd really like to see "Man of the Year". Love Robin Williams, I don't care that it didn't get great reviews. Screw 'em. And I like movie popcorn. Mmmm popcorn...

So now here I sit, downstairs in the family room on, streched out on the couch, Max curled up on the loveseat, with nothing but laundry to do.
No, I can call and make the flu shot appointments. And write the Christmas letter. And read "What to Expect". There, see, I do have stuff to do. You have to keep busy so you don't go nuts, rigt?

I'm so looking forward to the part of the maternity leave where I actually have a baby to spend the day with. They're much more entertaining.

No comments: