generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, November 16, 2006

November 16th - Christmas Shopping, Couch Day, Dr.'s, Dad

Yesterday I finished ALL the Christmas shopping. Yes, in one day. With the exception of a 4 people's gifts that I actually ordered online previously and are being shipped, all the gifts are wrapped, the cards are written, and everything's in a big bag in the laundry room. Hidden, because we put baby's name on the gift tags too.
Bobby also made the baby's birth announcement on the computer. I'm going to go to CVS today to print out a sample one - with baby's name listed at "Gertrude Edith", for security reasons - and pick up the snowman stamps. They BETTER have snowman stamps, damn it, I've got a thing going on with these cards, and I don't need the post office screwing it up.
My ass was dragging by the end of the day, and BOY am I feeling it today, too, but it was worth it. And hey, all that walking had to be good for kick-starting labor, right?

Today is a couch day. I'm under strict orders to relax today, except for the Dr. appointment and post office and CVS trips. And laundry. Must finish laundry. I'm SUCH a domestic goddess, I have to put the microwave kitchen timer on to remind me to get up and change over the loads. Yes, the dryer has a buzzer, but it doesn't repeat itself, so of course that means I'd ignore it and be stuck on load 1 all day. The microwave timer beeps every 5 minutes after it goes off. Keeps me on my toes.

Today we have an non-stress test, a fluid check, and a Dr.'s appointment at which we'll hopefully schedule my induction. I have a million questions for the doctor, and I'd really like them to 'check' me, so I at least know how 'ready' for an induction I really am. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry about it. Of course there's always the chance that something will be amiss, or concerning, at least. And then we induce sooner. *gulp* I'd rather she stay in there till Tuesday, so we can go get our new tables at Ikea and Bob can get his grades turned in on Monday. And because HOLY CRAP I MIGHT HAVE A KID THIS TIME NEXT WEEK!!!!!!

And then there's Dad. He called last night and was very excited about the possibility of flying out here for her birth, since I'm going to be induced on the 24th for sure (well, almost for sure. We'll see today.) He really wants to be there, it's a once-in-a-lifetime event, his first grandchild, and I'd love him to be there, too. BUT

A) He could book the plane and I could go into labor the next day, early, and then what? He'd still come, or not? I'd feel like I cheated him out of seeing it. (Not that it would be my fault, I know, but we know how my world revolves on a little guilt-fueled treadmill.)

B) Inductions can take days. You go into the hospital, and because your body didn't start things out on its own, it can be quite stubborn. It can take up to 3 days, they say, and after that they'll just C-section you anyway. Well my Dad HAS to fly back Sunday night (what would be day 3) so he can be at work on Monday. Again, I'd feel like he got cheated.

C) Flying across the country on Thanksgiving weekend, short-notice, particularly flying back that Sunday night is going to cost him. Dearly, I think. And he's flying out next month anyway, on the 27th, for a week. Ouch to the wallet.


So we'll see how this appointment goes. I have to go shower and go! I don't even know what tests results I want right now!!!

No comments: