generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, December 16, 2006

December 16th - Need a little Christmas (Special)

My kid is a non-stop eating machine. Buy stock in formula now, trust me.

It's finally starting to feel like Christmas. We're hanging out downstairs, Bob's got Maddie and is giving her her second bottle in an hour and a half (I said, I have an eating machine), I have my 2nd cup of coffee - the first one I elbowed and dumped on the empty, thank you God bouncy seat and carpet, and we've got one of my treasured Christmas tapes on the TV. "Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas" Good stuff. Jim Henson = Christmas for me, basically.

My collection includes:
  • "Emmet Otter"
  • "Frost the Snowman" w/ Jimmy Durante
  • "A Muppet Family Christmas"
  • "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"
  • "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown"
  • "The Bear Who Slept Through Christmas"
  • "Ziggy's Christmas"
  • "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street"
  • "Santa Claus The Movie"
  • "A Disney Chanel Christmas"
  • "Mickey's Christmas Carol"
  • "Rudolph's Shiny New Year"
  • "Twas the Night Before Christmas"
  • "Frosty's Winter Wonderland"
  • "The Life and Times of Santa Claus"
  • "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"
  • "Tis the Season to be Smurfy"
  • "Alf's Christmas Special"
  • "A Nutcracker Fantasy"
  • "A Cabbage Patch Christmas"

I think I'm going to attempt to invest in a VCR/DVD recorder combo in the coming year(s), so I can transfer these and all the home movies and stuff to DVD. I'm so afraid of losing these, how sad is that?

We've finally gotten the Christmas decorations out, although we swear we have more somewhere - where's the Advent calendar, anyway? And people have their lights out - we drive around and critique people's lights, we're terrible - and the street is so pretty...*sigh* I love this time of year.

Went to a Toy & Cookie exchange yesterday, which was pretty fun. Plus I now have a plate full of cookies, although Bob won't eat any of them, they're 'weird'. And we're going to the Tran-Siberian Orchestra concert tonight! Bob's parents were going with friends who ended up not being able to go, and Bob's dad said he's prefer to send us and spend the evening babysitting than go without the other couple (and since we know Nana would rather babysit than do anything, pretty much), so we get to go! Wow! A night out! At a concert! At the Wachovia Center - a REAL concert! Nice...

But nothing's better than hearing "When the River Meets the Sea" sung by a furry brown otter puppet.

Plus I got like 8 hours of sleep last night. Glorious.

No comments: