generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

August 8th - Visitors & Changing Table Rant

  • Maddie ate great today. Downed food, just wolfed it down, plus a couple bigger bottles. :-)
  • Mom, Grandmom, and Pappy are here visiting until Friday.
  • The girl was a charmer, despite not napping much.
  • She can no more crawl than she can drive, but it's cute to watch her try.
  • Went out to dinner at Cotardo's and (as always, whenever Bob & I go some we love for dinner and bring somebody else along) the service was sloooooow, the waiter unapologetic. Having waited tables for many years, I understand that there are times when the food is going to take years and years coming out of the kitchen. I also understand that it is at those times that you, as a waiter, get down on your hands and knees and beg forgiveness, offer extra soup or salad, keep the drinks coming, and convince the manager to send out free dessert to keep everybody happy (and your tip high.) My mom left the tip and I KNOW she left less than 15%...*sigh* BUT the was food outstanding. Delish. Love Cotardo's.
  • I want to take a bath in their Della Casa sauce.
  • It should be illegal for restaurants not to have a safe changing table in at LEAST the women's restroom (should be in both. Heck, they SHOULD have a family rest room). I changed my daughter on a half-moon shaped wicker table that swayed from side to side every time she moved. Not cool. I swear to God some day when I find no reliable changing facility, I'm just walking up to the hostess station and changing my kid right there, on the podium, with the little table diagrams under her bare butt.
  • The pool is awesome now after dark, what with the new lights and fountain. And beach ball.
  • I love my family, but if they continue to talk too loud and don't turn the TV down upstairs, they ARE going to wake the kiddo and they ARE going to have to convince her to go back to bed on their own.
  • My poor dog has hypothyroidism. Under-active thyroid gland. Tired a lot, gains weight without eating much. He's on medicine now, and I have a feeling he's going to have to have a stronger dose soon. He gained 6 pounds since his last appointment, and he's eaten like a bird. With the exception of the teaspoon of peanut butter we use to give him his medicine. That he eats like a horse.
  • Ooh! I crossed off another item on my summer to-do list. Washed the curtains (and put them back up). Cause damn was it time.
  • I forgot my Dad's anniversary. It was the 6th. I feel like a bum. I sent him an e-card tonight and I'll send a real one tomorrow. I suck.
  • My feet are freezing. I will presently go steal a pair of Bob's socks out of the clean laundry. Love, Meg

No comments: