generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

March 13th - lists

She's asleep, been asleep since 7:30 - an hour early, but we got her up an hour early.

Because I had to drive Bob to school.
Because I had have the car today .
Because I needed to go back to Bob's school with Maddie for her 'introduction' to his faculty during lunch, and our other car is in the shop.
Because the tail and brake lights weren't working, which we found out...
Because Bob got pulled over in Atco and ended up with 2 tickets (don't worry, he'll get out of the one and get the points taken away for the other, hopefully).
Because Nicole told us how.
Because she's all wordly and smart and we know very little about this stuff.
Because Bob's not exactly the type to get pulled over and know what to do in traffic court.

Sunday is her Christening. 40 + people coming to my house. And I'm feeding them. :-) I know, I'm screwed.

The whole "you just had a baby, you have an excuse to: not do anything, have a dirty house, order out instead of cooking", etc. That goes out the window by the time you have the Christening. Suddenly things are supposed to be clean and organized again. Doh!

Still have to:
Clean the house (such a big job I'm going to type it twice so it's represented appropriately).
Clean the house.
Oh, except for the bathrooms, because my mom has informed me that she's cleaning my bathrooms for the party, (because when I clean bathrooms I slop mud everywhere and dump the trash can on the floor and make garbage angels, right Mom?).
Finalize the food
Finalize who's bringing what (hopefully the people who said they'd bring something actually bring it!).
Buy all the food
(Saturday) Prepare all the food
Buy decorations - yes, they make Christening decorations, I just have to locate them.
Borrow tables & set them up
Set everything up.
Make sure the dress fits
Make sure we have the hat, shoes, white blanket, etc.

...and after the Christening is my last week home w/ Maddie.

I won't lie and say that I'm completely torn up about it. I'm scoping out things at her sitter tomorrow. Ok, her sitter is Bob's cousin Shannon. She's a super-mom. No, seriously. She has a 3 year-old girl and watches a 1 year-old boy. A few poeple (my mother - boy she's working her way in here a lot tonight) were concerned that Maddie won't get enough attention. Eh, it's better than a daycare. And a baby - a baby who's used to having her every demand met within seconds - would probably steal the attention away from the at least the preschooler. I'm hanging out at Shannons' tomorrow.

As for going back, I'm ready. I miss it. I'll miss HER, God knows. It kills me that she'll spend 9 hours a day with someone else. The majority of her waknig hours she'll spend with someone else. Damn it. But summer's coming soon enough. And the idea of going back is actually enticing. I want to start Boomwhacker Club and Handbells and Chorus and there's these wonderful spring lessons that I love teaching, these fun songs I always do. And James & I always do the dance unit after Spring Break. That's fun. (And I have an excuse to wear sneakers for a solid month.)

Well, I want to get some things done before Bob gets home from night conferences. He's working so hard on getting the yearbook done. He's going to be done this week - halleluja! I'm beat. And I'm on baby duty tonight. And since she slept straight through without one paci-pop last night (because it was Bob's night, we alternate now) she'll probably be up several times tonight. Tomorrow morning, that is.

Night.

No comments: