generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, March 04, 2007

March 4th - On Turning 26.

My God I'm going to be 26 years old tomorrow. Damn I'm old.

Actually I don't feel that old. I mean, I'm acting old - I act like a 36 year-old probably. I have a husband, a house, a career, a baby, I don't go out, I don't party, I don't drink, and I don't particularly feel the need to socialize much. A get-together w/ mom or work friends here and there. Mostly I'd rather stay home w/ Bob & the kiddo than 'go out with the girls' and act like a girl in her 20's.

Heh. I used to thrill at being mistaken for an older girl. I look older than 26. But we're getting into dangerous territory here, mid-twenties...I'll have to start tipping the hairdresser less when she says "boy, you look older than ___" instead of taking it as a compliment. I really need a haircut, come to think of it.

SO it's been a month since I've bloggied. Well, my days aren't exactly blog-friendly. I have a feeling I"ll be doing it a lot more in a few weeks when I go back to work. Desk time in adundance.

I go back in 3 weeks. March 28th is my first day back. March 26th and 27th I'm hoping to take Maddie over to Shannon's (Bob's cousin, who'll be watching Maddie from when I go back till the end of the year). So yeah, I have 3 weeks. I went from "get me outa here" to "already?"

Anyway, to get ready for my return from work I'm staying home a little more, just playing w/ Maddie a little more, and letting housework go - I figure I won't be doing it during the day when I'm back to work, let's see what life is going to be like in a few weeks, so we can get used to things. Screw the dishwasher (unless I'm out of bottles). F the laundry. Let's see what the life of a working mommy is like. (Probably sucks a bit, housework-wise.) And thank God that summer's really not that far away. :-) Every day a weekend.

And tomorrow's my "big day". Officially on the other side of 25 and inching towards 30. Holy. Crap.

And Happy Birthday to Me. Happy Birthday to me. Happy Birthday dear Mee-eeeeeee....

No comments: