generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 24, 2006

Die, bugs, die.

I'm being eaten alive by these damn mosquitoes! They love me! You have 50% more blood in you when you're preggers, and they can supposedly smell it - no, seriously, they can - so I'm now a freaking Old Country Buffet to these critters. Doing dishes a while ago I got 3 bites on the forehead. They come in whenever the door's open. And I just learned today that I'm not supposed to be using any bugspray with DEET in it. So apparently I'm just going to have to seal myself into a plastic bubble now. I don't get cute little itchy bumps, either. They bite me and I get a 2-inch circle of red with a nickel-sized welt in the middle of it. Gorgeous, I am, with 3 on my face. Lucky me.

I FINALLY finished the trilogy that was eating my life for the last, well, let's not share when I actually started reading the first one. Philippa Gregory rocks. And now I can read a trashy romance or something. Some Jane Green might hit the spot. Maybe not, I can never actually root for her heroines. They're ballsy and independent and fabulously dressed in designer everything, yes, but...I have literally no respect for people who dress in designer everything. So it's hard to actually like the materialistic shallow bitches who you can tell Green wants you to root for. The Greogory's were SO cool, though. All the parallels between the 3 books, following 3 generations of women in this one (utterly crazed) family. Good sex scenes too. You have to appreciate books with a well-timed, carefully written sex scene or three. Not one every 3 chapters like the book I will inevitably start reading tomorrow which has something to do with "burning loins" and "soft, creamy skin".

Bob made SUCH progress on the nursery today. It's beautiful!!! Laura came over to help paint, too, which I thought was very nice. She did the light blue stripe that will eventually turn into half of the chair rail, and she very carefully painted on a beautiful crescent moon, above where the crib will be. Bob did another coat of the light blue, and then stenciled on yellow stars on the ceiling. He wanted me to place them, so I walked around the kid's room with a sharpee taped on a pole, making little black dots on the ceiling. I was going to just use the ladder, but my back said otherwise.

Oh, yeah, I threw my back out yesterday. I'm apparently now to the age where you can actually do that. I'm now freakin' 80, it seems! I was bending over to apply - you guessed it - bugspray and when I straightened, up, BOOM, couldn't move. I guess it's muscular, because the heating pad makes it MUCH better. I spent the majority of the day on the couch, reading. We did order lunch and go for a swim around 2, which was actually quite back-improving also, but yeah, I was set up with the laptop, a glass of water, string cheese, my book, and the remote while Bob and Laura painted. I feel bad, I have yet to paint one thing in that room. It's supposedly not good for you to paint while you're pregnant, because apparently this causes your child to be stupid and like Nascar or something. (I asked the doctor, he said it was fine, but while I'm cutting out essential things like coffee and bugspray, what the Hell!)

ACK! Just killed (hopefully) yet another mosquito. Trying to eat ME, leaving the dog and Bob totally unharmed. I guess I taste good. Hey! I shouldn't taste too good, I'm on a low-carb, low-sugar diet and I take insulin. My blood can't be that sweet! This means war, damn it.

Die, bugs, die.

No comments: