generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, July 15, 2006

*yawn* good two days

Friday was fun. We went to a party at my art-teacher friend Stacey's house. I love hanging out with Stace, she's just got a very fun/natural way about her. Plus she has 2 adorable twin babies, 4 months old, and she's happy to share 'em. We kind of gave Bob a little bit of baby boot camp, at least showing him how to hold the babies, comfort them, etc. He was SO cute with them! Terrified at first, but SOOOO damn cute. We're going to borrow them for some babysitting fun some time, too, for more boot camp experience for both of us. It's not like I've changed a diaper in YEARS, anyway. Fun times.

Today we basically hung around, swam, I took a lovely nap *GOD I love naps!* and we went over to Bob's folk's house to see what they needed us to do for the party tomorrow. See, it's his dad's 50th birthday party. His mom originally wanted to throw him a surprise party, and do it at our hosue so Dad wouldn't have to lift a finger, but his sister really wanted to give him a "kickass" party, and kept TELLING him about it, so now it's at their place, and his dad was out mowing in 90 degree heat and setting up the volleyball net and weeding the garden, while the younger two are off doing other things. *sigh* Well, I'm sure they both helped with the party in their own way. Anyway, they were both gone all day, so Bob and I came over to help.
Bob vacuumed the pool, did some outdoor decorating, set up the tables outside, etc. His mom and I figured out what needed done tomorrow, what food we had for this shindig, and then went to the party store to buy lai's (sp?) for party favors (and dress-up fun!) and decorations. We ended up droppping $70+, but we got TONS of lais, bracelets, shell necklaces, and special lais for the D'Errico clan. Plus a parot necklace for Bob's dad. He's the man of the hour, he's got to have a special necklace!!!
We ordered pizza and wings (and I'm going to pay for that pizza when I take my sugar, I'm sure), took the two tags off of each freakin' lai/bracelet/necklace, all 60 of 'em, and went home. Tomorrow we're heading over there early to set up the rest of the decorations, do the food prep, and help Bob's mom any way we can (since she desperately wants Bob's dad not to have to do anything for this, and I don't know how much other help she's going to have).
I still can't decide if I'm going to bring my swim suit. It's cute, it's black, it's got a lot of room for my ever-expanding tummy...but I swear to God the weight I've gained in this pregnancy has attatched itself just to my upper arms, which weren't exacctly lovely to behold to begin with. And no amount of swishy material at my waist will disguise all that flab.
On the upside, baby's movements are stronger and stronger every day. Every now and then I'm like, "WHAT the hell are you doing in there?" I can totally confirm the ultrasound technician's measurment of the legs - about 2 weeks growth longer than average? Uh, YEAH. Eh, he/she's, his/her father's son/daughter.
And in other mundane-but-important-to-me-so-screw-you details of my life: I finally found a sleeping position that doesn't suck. Or leave me feeling like I didn't sleep at all. All it takes if 4 pillows. 2 under my head, lie on my side w/ 1 at my side that I kind of hug and put under my tummy, and 1 between my legs. Wouldn't this all be easier with a pregnancy body pillow? Yes. Do I feel like shelling out $70 for a pillow I won't use that long? Hell no.
SO tomorrow's party day. We're staying till it's ALL clean, I don't want Bob's mom to have to do all the clean-up, and then we'll have Max's vet appointment on Monday, plus cleaning the house majorly because Mommom and Poppop are coming for dinner on Tuesday night *gulp*. Tuesday is ALSO our 'big' ultrasound, which I am trying not to get very excited about because I've seen first hand that you don't always find out the sex just because you want to. Phooey. *To baby: PLEEZ cooperate? I'll buy you a neat toy on the way home! PLEEZ!!!*
I'm also hoping everything's ok, 10 fingers and 10 toes and no heart defects. And a solid indication of what's between those leggies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is your secret admirer. To protect my identity, I will call myself L. Simpson, no, that's too obvious, how about Lisa S. Well, I am not your secret admirer, I am your open admirer. You are the best!

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»