generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

July 25th.

Nice day, for the most part. I'm a ridiculous weepy mess sometimes, earlier this afternoon being one of them. I mean, getting teary over sweet Hallmark commercials is one thing. I was crying, CRYING like a whiney baby, at "The Nanny". *That sound you just heard was me hitting a new low.*

It's bizarre, I was never one of those PMS girls ( at least I hope not, people don't usually tell you when you're driving them nuts and obviously on the rag) but lately I could literally cry at ANYTHING. And it's not like I'm walking around unhappy and mopey - most of the time I feel great. I could just burst into tears two seconds after laughing at something hilariously funny, that's all. Yeah, it's hormones, it's pregnancy, it's nuts. I'm a little (more than a little) worried about getting PPD - Post-Partum Depression. I'm hoping I escape that entirely, but we'll see. I think a lot of women assume that their troubles are over once they're done being pregnant, and that it's all going to be warm, fuzzy, happy moments with Daddy and Baby and a clean house and healthy bank account. I pride myself in KNOWING that it's going to suck for a while. No sleep, messy house, mountains of laundry, no extra cash to speak of - I've accepted this. I'm not going to say I'm ready, because who the hell really is? But at least I THINK I have a decent picture of the future, and I know that it involves lots and lots of wiping.

The guy at Wal-Mart's pharmacy knows me by name now. I walked up to the counter and he said, "You're So-and-so, right?" and I officially aged 40 years. I make a joke that yes, I'd been here a lot, because all my meds aren't running out at the same time, and I'm suddenly on a LOT of meds, 1 prenatal vitamin, lancets, test strips, and insulin pills for the GD, and my good ole Nexium so my stomach doesn't catch on fire. (I am the only pregnant woman who can eat pepper jack cheese with tabasco liberally sprinkled on it and feel awesome.) In fact, that sounds damn good right about now...

Finally got my hairs cut today - all million of them. It was just getting out of hand. I LUV having my hair washed at salons, am I the only one? Seriously, the $13 plus tip doesn't begin to cover how nice it is to have your head massaged for 5 minutes...am I nuts? Nice and short and summery now, barely touching my shoulders and that's the way *uh-huh uh-huh* I like it. Bob went too, so now he looks all cute and not mountain man-ish.

Made cookies for the new neighbors, yes, I'm Mrs. Cleaver, shut up. We were SO happy to see the old ones go, they were the noisiest people you'll ever meet. The dogs alone would drive a sane person to drop valium over the fence, not that that EVER crossed my mind. ;-) They would literally bark from dawn till dusk some days, two of 'em, really high-pitched and grating. Then their car stereos, with the bass that had to be booming so you could hear it in your house and be able to tell what song they were listening to. Then the mom screaming like Frau from Austin Powers at her two children and her "husband" who she kicked out the house to sleep in the car for a month. I found that quite entertaining, actually. So they're gone, and a younger couple moved in. They're not particularly our type, I bet at least 5 years older than us, and both have a few more tatoos than the average PTA parent, but they've been nice so far. They have a 2 1/2 year old daughter, and their baby son just came home from the hospital yesterday. So we have kids in the neighborhood now! So they got a plate of chocolate chip cookies and a friendly welcome from us, in the hopes that they will A) be quiet and B) make good playmates for the kiddo here.

Speaking of the girl-wonder, she's been quiet today (which sends most pregnant women into a panic until they feel baby kick again and relax), but she's moving a good bit now, so I everything's cool. She's usually pretty darn active late at night *greeeaaaat* but we have to go to bed early tonight so I'm hoping she settles down soon. You have no idea how hard it is to sleep when you keep getting poked from the inside. And not just your stomach. Cervix, bladder, INTESTINE, you name it. How do I know that's where she's kicking? Trust me, there's no sensation quite so lovely as having your daughter sit on your lower intestine in a Home Depot, making you wonder if adult diapers aren't a bad idea after all. Have I said too much? Good. The good news is that I'm starting to be able to feel her kicks faintly on the outside more now. Of course she still stops whenever I tell Bob and tries to feel. Stubborn kid.

The guy from Empire carpet is coming tomorrow to give us an estimate on carpeting the nursery. So far the cheapest for non-remnant carpet is Home Depot at $270. For one tiny room? Yes, carpet is expensive. Empire can do it pretty much whenever we say, though, so they may be our choice even if HD is cheaper. And of course they're coming tomorrow at the disgustingly early hour of 9 (god I love summer), and before that I want to call a few more places to get estimates. So it looks like I'm setting an ALARM CLOCK tonight - blech! What is this world coming to?

No comments: