generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy (belated) 4th!

We had a very nice, quiet 4h of July. Well, quiet except for the (illegal) fireworks my neighbors decided to set off. Hey, as long as nothing of ours catches fire or blow up, I'm good. Bob made great progress on the deck. For starters, it's a deck now! It's way bigger than I imagined, and it looks great. Of course, there's no way to get up onto it, because the stairs aren't done, and it's not safe to be up there, because the railings aren't done...but whatever. It's a deck.
I'm such a house frau. The previous day I spent 2 hours scrubbing all our plates with this stuff that's great at getting silverware scratches off dishes - with a ridiculous amount of elbow grease, it worked wonders. Yesterday I tore out the contents of several cabinets and purged the stuff we haven't used in a year, made a cabinet shelf for baby stuff, and rearranged some other things so that the tupperware doesn't com cascading down onto our (usually sandy) floor. Bob's parents and brother came over to see the deck and ended up staying for dinner, so we had a nice little cookout. We also went swimming, which was nice. Gotta get the sugar down! (sooo much fun this is.)

It occured to me that I barely left the property yesterday, and that was only to run to Wawa for more rolls (which I couldn't eat, ironic/annoying, huh?). Today Bob wants to go to Home Depot...I said I'd come along, so I don't start feeling like a shut-in, but now I'm not so sure...there's that whole having to get dressed thing. See, how sad is that? Well, that's the kind of energy I've got sometimes. Zip. What I REALLY want to do is go do registry stuff, since 2 people in 3 days have asked about it now. I get the feeling I'm supposed to have done it already. Who knows.

Today, I lounge around, read, blog, surg, research baby gear/products online, clean out the linen closet and possibly the pantry, maybe go swimming if the weather holds up, do the 2-day food diary cause -HOORAY- my meeting with the GD nurse is tomorrow. Such fun. Bob says after that would be a good time to go pre-registry shopping, so at least if the meeting sucks I'll have that to look forward to. And the NEXT DAY...growth scan! Where I will be clinging to the table and demanding the tech to take a closer look if he/she can't find out whether it's a he or a she.

See, I know it sounds like I'm obsessed with baby stuff. Baby-baby-baby.
Well it's a huge, life-changing thing. It's almost constantly bumping around where I can feel it now. And it's DAMN cute. Why wouldn't I be obsessed?

No comments: