generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Lazy Summer

Even though it doen'st particularly FEEL like summer, what with it being 70 degrees and overcast. The good news is that there's MUCH less rain on the forecast, so Bob can finish the deck. He' s done a fantastic, quick job of it, and I'm thrilled to have it, believe me. I'm just worried that he won't be happy till it's done, and he's kind of become a man obsessed lately. I'm grateful, seeing as that means the deck is done sooner, of course.

Especially since I need to get out there and swim more! We met with a nurse who specialized in diabetic care today, to talk about the GD GD (still love that!) and apart from being told to excercise more - and who wants to hear that? - I liked what she told me. I'm following the prescribed carb/protein amounts pretty well. She took a look at my 2-day food diary (I hate that Weight Watchers phrase!) and said that I really wasn't eating ENOUGH of protein or carbs at some meals. So I have to be careful to eat enough. GOD did I love hearing that. :-) Who wouldn't? Maybe those freaky skinny people, and they can bite me..."I can't possibly choke down another piece of cheese, I'll barf. Again, after the scheduled barfing, that is." So yeah, it was nice to be told that A) this is officially not my fault (I play the blame game too much) B) I'm doing a good job of following the plan, although I could eat MORE to be on the safe side and C) I may have to go on medication to further lower it, as my insulin resistence is pretty high, but that will keep the baby out of harm's way. Damn pregnancy hormones.

Today's plan includes LOTS of laundry, and searching for all the pictures that are not in albums, sorting them, and figuring out what kind of books I'll need to buy tomorrow to archive all of them. I'm not having this kid until I have all the pics from my previous years together. I can't take the disorganization.
I'm also going to eat lunch (careful to eat enough carbs and protein - yay for food!) and then - grrr!- hop on the treadmill. Oh such fun. I walk for 2 Simpsons episodes (off the DVD, no commercials = 40 minutes) and I'm home free. And for the rest of the day I will resisit the urge to go to Baby Depot and Dunkin Donuts. Then I believe I will build an amusement park on Rollercoaster Tycoon, and finish my book. GOOD GOD I love summer! Why aren't more people teachers? It's definitely worth it. Huh. Talk to me in April and see how I feel... anyway, happy lazy summer day!

No comments: