generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 03, 2006

Handfull of peanuts and an 8 0z. glass of 1/2 carb/sugar OJ. Mmmm...I find it just a little sad that that is a satisfactory snack for me. Sugar, carbs, blah blah, blah have become somewhat of an obsessive topic for me. With the Gestational Diabetes, or as I like to call it, the GD GD, that's a borderline-unhealthy snack. Seriously. A little high on the carbs. I'll be doing a lot of walking this afternoon, though, so that ought to settle things down.

It's easier doing this when you're doing it for someone else's sake. I heard a story about a baby who died because his mother's blood sugar was out of control, he'd grown too big, and his lungs couldn't function in his bigger-than-it-should-be body. That is not happening to me.

Back from G'burg and having some decompression time. I feel so taxed emotionally, leaving there. Visit are mostly nice, but I stress about the dog being good and seeing everybody we have to see - Mamu and Papu's house left us drained. Poor Bob asked if they'd had septic work done, since a section of their back yard had obviously been dug up. Dug up, is that right? It ended with her crying and doing a screaming, finger-shaking impression of this apparently evil septic contractor who is supposedly a good Christian man (and LORD do I hate the phrase "good Christian") and Bob out back in the heat doing yard work for them. My grandmother said the contractor wasn't very Christian to her. I'm sure there's another side to this story, but I've never heard of any type of contractor demanding money up front - around here, they do the job, and you're legally responsible for their bill, period. Deciding he wanted $150 and then two days laster another $150 when the job wasn't finished and he left without warning...on the other hand, 1 hour with my father's parents is enough to make me want to pull my hair out. I have a feeling they were VERY annoying to work for. Eh, Bob back hoed the spot that the man left exposed, covered the concrete slab, and WE brought lunch, which meant it wasn't disgusting for a change. Ask me about the hybrid tuna salad/egg salad experience. I still can't eat either of those.

So today is shopping (we need groceries in a BAD way) and that's a lot more complicated now, with me not being able to eat, well, ANYTHING. No, that's not true. 15g for breakfast, 15g for snack 1, 15-30g for lunch, 15g for snack 2, 45-60g for dinner, 15-30g for snack 3. And yes, you have to eat all those snacks. The idea is to keep your blood sugar stable, so that baby's is as stable as possible, too. Otherwise baby grows too fast, and there are complications like low blood sugar and "I have to squeeze an 11-pound baby out of WHERE? Nope, sorry".

It's really cool, though, I've been feeling stronger and stronger movement. I can't wait till Bob can feel it too. I've gotten a few random ka-POW kicks, that I'm sure could have been felt, but they come and go as they please, only once in a while. A few more weeks, perhaps.

We hopefully can find out the sex on Thursday. One of the only perks (no, sorry, the ONLY perk) of having GD is you get more frequent ultrasounds to check the baby's growth. Our growth scan meausres the baby's head, waist, and thigh length. Now you tell me, if the doctor is hanging out near the thigh, how he/she couldn't see what baby was hiding last time? I'm REALLY hoping we can find out - otherwise it's another long 2 weeks until we have the next u/s.

Everybody keeps saying "he" to me, I've said it lots, and I keep going, 'oops, no, might be a she'. But I don't know. The more I think about it.. he? Eh, who am I kidding, I've got no clue.

No comments: