generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 17, 2006

Mon, July 17th. Hotter than Hell.

Ugh, you could step outside and melt today!

Tomorrow's supposed to be the real scorcher, though. My forecast says 101F!!! And no time for swimming tomorrow...rats.

Today we took Max to the Vet, he got a clean bill of health and behaved very well. We're starting a new 'trick' with him, called "go to your spot". It was in the trainer's handbook from class but we never did this one. Basically you train the dog to go to a specific spot whenever you give the command. This keeps him from pulverizing anybody who comes to you door, and licking your company to death. I'm excited.

We went shopping for a few more maternity clothes and found NOTHING, of course, because people who aren't a size 10 or lower don't deserve real clothing, apparently. What I did find was high-maintenance and a little too see-through for my taste. "Fat pregnant tramp" is not in style this year, so I passed.

Received my medic alert bracelet in the mail today, and took that to be engraved. Such fun. But it brings more people who had GD out the woodwork - the woman who did the engraving at Things Remembered was like, "oh! I had that with my first baby!" Nice to know that somebody had it with their first but not their second...hope?

Swam and lazed by the pool, reading. Made fajitas for dinner, did laundry, cleaned the bedroom, and did my usual goofing around on the computer.

Tomorrow's potentially a big day for us; our "big" ultrasound (anatomy scan) is at 10AM. I'm REALLY trying not to get nervous, not to get worried, and not to get my hopes up about finding out the gender of the baby. I've seen this kid in action now, I know how uncooperative he/she can be. I have no 'mother's intuition' whatsoever on this one, either, like everybody else I've talked to who just knew it was a girl or a boy. Either way, I'm thrilled to have him/her and thrilled to know. Hopefully the prediction is accurate - I've seen several people who have been told they were having a girl and out popped a boy. Not heard of any the other way around, I guess it's the absence of a penis thing that confuses people. Little guys must have been hiding it, in those cases. *gulp*

I'm basically just hoping and praying that everything's as it should be, 10 fingers, 10 toes, etc., like every other mommy-to-be. I have a slightly higher risk of birth defects, because of potentially having had diabetes before this pregnancys, so that's a cause for concern in my book. (What would mothers do if they didn't worry?)
Baby's gender would be icing on a healthy-baby cake.
But again, trying VERY HARD not to get my hopes up. I was SOOOOO disappointed last time when the tech couldn't tell. I was so sure that she'd be able to, going into it. Well, we'll see.
It's not like we won't ever find out, after all!

Crossing fingers for no crossed legs, sunny-side up, and a very healthy baby tomorrow morning!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»