generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

September 12th - Last Day

...and thus ends a very, very nice summer.

Lazed around, got kicked a lot, watched TV, read a magazine cover to cover on the back deck in the sun with a glass of lemonade, and had a kick-ass OB appointment. Well, it would have been perfect if we'd gotten an ultrasound. But we get one in a week and a half, so whatever.

See the Baby's Blog for the appointment details. Went well, I'm all healthy, she's all healthy.

I'm slightly bummed that Bob can't make it to the growth scan next Friday. The latest appointments they make at the hospital are at 3:30. Who the hell can come then??? My principal will let me out early , no problem. But Bob could ask if he could go 15 minutes early on a Friday to be with his wife for their baby's ultrasound...well, she doesn't exactly have the mother instinct. That wouldn't happen.

So tomorrow I go back to school. Not w/ kids yet, that's not till Monday.
My car is packed with all my 'survival kit' stuff, all the gear I needed to get through the first marking period, should we not have been able to get back into our building.
Which we now can, supposedly.
I'm really anxious to see it, it was a wasteland last time. Flooded room, no carpet, construction equipment. Not a school.
Sue's buying lunch, and we have a faculty meeting at 12:30. I'm going in at the regular time, though, and staying as late as I feel like. (Not past 3:30, because I've got 2 more days to work, interruption free.)
And then the kiddies come. And I have 34 days to teach until I go out on leave.

I'm REALLY excited, and a little scared. I haven't worked hard, stayed on my feet, or put in a full day's anything for 3 months. I keep telling everybody I feel really good, and they all seem happily surprised, and many of them even say they're jealous since their own pregnancy was so rough. Maybe it's just cause I haven't DONE anything yet. Maybe the shit hits the fan tomorrow...or dear.

Well, Bobby's understanding. He'll let me come home and collapse and do nothing but gestate all evening and weekend.

Well, "somebody's" decided that it's time for me to go to the bathroom again for the 6th time since dinner. It's been a very nice evening, though. Bob's home and keeping my feet warm on the couch, Max is asleep, Sex & the City is on...

...and thus ends a very, very nice summer.

No comments: