generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, September 08, 2006

September 8th - Running around town

Today I made up for my week of not really going anywhere.

I went everywhere.

Well, I went to: Pine Hill, Berlin, Clementon, Lindenwold, Laurel Springs, and Stratford. Oh, and Gloucester Township, and Turnersville, later in the evening.

I finally went around town - 8 different towns, to be exact. I put up the lesson flyers. It was quite an interesting (and tiring) experience. A lot of stores I'd never set foot in before were really nice to me...and a little scary looking. I didn't do any liquor stores or anything, or too-scary convenience stores. Basically every Wawa, half-decent convenience store, pizza place, or diner got one that I came across. Most places were very nice, a few even gave me tape after I left mine...somewhere in Lindenwold, I think. Some places said they weren't allowed to post things. I put up 18 flyers today, and stopped at probably about 25 places and asked. That's right. I hauled my preggy butt out of my really low-to-the-ground Saturn about 25 times. Yeah...I hurt now.

Hopefully we'll get at least a few calls from these. We got 1 serious call w/ 2 prospective students last time I advertised for lessons, and I only put up 4 flyers at area Wawa's then. (Didn't work out, they had peewee football.) A waitress at a pizza place in Berlin wants to take trumpet lessons, and we didn't advertise that we take adults, but whatever. She thought the price was right, and she has her own trumpet. Works for me. Hopefully she calls. We like money.

I came home and crashed on the couch - just sat there, staring at the ceiling, contemplating how the heck I used to be able to take classes all day and rehearse all night and then do homework till 1AM in college and not be tired at all...until Bob came home. I made cheese steaks w/ sauteed mushrooms (cause I'm all gourmet!) and damn was it good. Then we had to go to Bob's parents so Bob could sign a check for a loan that he cosigned for Laura. Cause we appreciate that college students need money.

THEN we went to Sam's Club and got a few things...$60 bucks worth, but remember that we bought an obscene amount of those few things, cause it's Sam's Club. Like a giant thing of Folgers Coffee. Mmmm...giant coffee...*drool*

THEN we went to Wal-Mart and did the minimalist grocery shopping that we now do there. It's funny how little stuff we buy there now, since we bought so much at Sam's Club last week.

We ran into my friend Cathy and her husband and kiddo in the lotion aisle, and we got to talk to them a while. Cath is the K-5 music teacher at another school in my district, and I work with her 1/3 of the year on Thursdays, since I travel and do Kindergarten there. Love it. They found out they're having another girl! Their daughter is INSANELY good, and freakin' adorable. 2 years old. John (her hubby) does marching band for Haddonfield, and he seems SO interested in having Bob come to a rehearsal and critique - he seems to think Bob is big stuff since he worked for that prize-winning marching band who shall remain nameless. Bob felt a little sheepish since he dropped marching band. He said usually he uses the baby as an excuse that nobody can argue with, but John HAS a baby, and one on the way, so that wouldn't work. I reminded him that John tried to get out of that track last year, and couldn't, and now he's actually doing it because he needs the money, because of his babies...kind of the opposite of Bob. So no feeling bad there. I'm psyched that they're having a girl, and she'll be so close in age to our girl. We'll definitely have to do playdates. So we can keep our sanity, Cathy and me, being stay-at-homers for a few months.

So we finished our shopping and hung one more flyer at a Wawa we passed in Gloucester Township...or is that Sicklerville there? This crazy state, who knows.

And now I'm done blogging and I think I may actually take a bath or something. My back's hurting and my legs are hurting and I'm just plain hurting...and the bathtub is actually quite clean at the moment. Of course, getting OUT of it will be fun...we'll see how that goes.

I know I sound like a decrepit old lady. Trust me, you'll never know till you're in this 'delicate' state. Yeah, I'm REEEEEAAAAL delicate. Don't even get me started on the gastro-intestinal bliss you experience.

No comments: