generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, September 07, 2006

September 7th - Can you tell I'm getting impatient?

As I sit on my back deck in the warm breeze and listen to the pleasant bubbling of the water in my pool, lemonade in hand, my yellow Labrador laying on his back in the warm grass chewing bits of sticks to dust, I can't help but peacefully contemplate the deeper questions of life...

Like when the HELL do I get to go back to SCHOOL?

I was actually jealous - JEALOUS! - of Bob as he drove away for his first day w/ the students this morning. Ironically he'd have switched places with me in a heartbeat. I doubt he'd leave the house between trips to the diner, Home Depot, and Wal-Mart. And the house would be gorgeous, spotless, and would probably an extra story or an east wing or something.

I fluctuate between not giving a damn about school - I had a job before? - and absolutely itching to get in my classroom. I want to see the renovations they made over the summer. The new carpet! The mold-free ceilings! (Seriously.) The heating and cooling systems that actually heat and cool! (Again, seriously.) I need to put my posters up, decide if I'm going to throw out the portfolio system, get my VCR, DVD player, stereo, and other good stuff out of storage and make sure it's still in the right number of pieces.

Thankfully, our secretary called and said that as of today we have a temporary C.O., and teachers can come in Wednesday to start setting up. We have a faculty meeting Wednesday, too, which is odd, seeing as our inservice days aren't till Thursday or Friday. Oh, but we're getting paid overtime from 8-3 to be there (we can actually be there 7 to 7 - it takes a lot of work to set up a classroom!). So now I get to go in next Wednesday and get things in order.

With Bob back to school, I'm in this disconcerting state of limbo. Summer is over for me, mentally, because Bob's back. So my brain says, "then why are you home all day?"

I was going to drive around and put up flyers advertising our lesson studio that we're trying to get started, but I was about ready to leave when I realized that all the pushpins are in the back of Bob's car, in a little box. I've tried putting flyers up with no pushpins, it doesn't work, and you feel like a thief while you steal them from other people's flyers. Not good. So that's tomorrow's job, along w/ grocery shopping.

Saturday is another possible Wal-Mart visit; they're having a baby fair of sorts, I'm sure it'll be small, though. But you get free info and free samples - and we all know how I feel about free samples - and what the hell? It's free and it's not like we won't forget to buy something at Wal-Mart on Friday night that I can get there the next day at the baby fair.

Sunday we're having Bob's family over for dinner. It's his parents' 29th anniversary. I still feel bad that we didn't do more for their 25th, a few years back. They supposedly said they didn't want a party. And despite Bob's brother's insistence that what they really needed was a new TV (so he could do whatever he wanted with the old one, no doubt) we didn't buy into that plan. Bob's sister said they'd wanted the kitchen repainted, so that seemed quite doable. Bob and I were in the heat of the student-teaching (ie: hell) experience, so all we did was buy some decorative things to match, and chip in for paint and supplies. The rest of them, bro, sis, and a few other relatives, painted. It's not the best paint job in the world, but since they all new very little about painting, I'll say they did a nice job (that Bob's mom has partially painted over since.) I just feel bad. And of course next year is their 30th. And we will have an almost 1 year-old, and NO money...*sigh* we'll see. So ANYway, that's Sunday.

Monday I'm meeting Stacey and Steph at the mall for some walking fun. I REALLY hope they don't walk too fast for me. Seriously. When I went their with Cathy we just waddled around slowly, since both of us are tired, gestating, wussy chicks. Stacey, pre-twins, used to be a marathon biker. And Steph is all, well, skinny! I have my work cut out for me, I'm thinking. Maybe they'll both bring their kids. That'll slow 'em up nicely.

And Tuesday is get-ready-for-school day. And Wednesday is, well, when we have our first faculty meeting of the year, and we get to see the improvements (and I get to find out if I have a room or not). The secretary didn't know anything about my room - but she's still working over at another school until tomorrow, in our temporary stronghold. I asked her to call me if she had any news. That's what secretaries are the best at. News.

So today was mostly another goof-off day. I did little things; laundry, dishes, solved world hunger and told no one, yelled at the TV whenever I channel surfed past Bush's talking head, etc. While Bobby's doing his 'homework' I'm going to be addressing envelopes to mail out to area music teachers to advertise our lesson studio. And one birthday card. Hmmm...maybe we should wait to send out lesson flyers until the band people have their programs in order. What would Bob do with a lesson flyer if he got it this week? Probably throw it out or stick it somewhere because he doens't even know who's IN band yet...a good excuse to wait. The flyers are going up around town tomorrow, though, damn it.

In the pregnancy newsletter section:
Two days ago, I honestly believe I went to the bathroom 20 times. During the day. Easily. The next day, my "Pregnancy Daily Calendar" said, "You will experience an increased need to urinate, due to the baby's constant pressure on your bladder. Go as often as you feel the need to. Holding it isn't good for you or baby." (Um...do these people not work? What do you do, wear an adult diaper all day?) Yesterday, baby was CRAZY active. Like, 'somebody went off their Ritalin' active. I was getting what I call "drumroll" kicks. Smaller kicks (or punches, God only knows) over and over, really quickly, for 5-10 seconds, in the same spot. Like somebody said to her "drumroll please!" Today, my calendar said, "You will notice increased movement."

Ha ha. You're one day late, buddy.

No comments: