generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, August 14, 2006

August 14th - Tired and Grrr

SOoooo sleepy/tired today and don't really know why. Well, I DO know why, but why all the sudden? I have no idea. Slept till 10:40, and took an hour and a half nap after lunch...which ended at 5PM. Yeah, lunch is late around here.
We got take-out from Pat's - highly recommend if you're in the area. Pat's on Chew's Landing in...is that Lindenwold? Lindenwold is all over, everywhere we go, we think it MIGHT be Lindenwold. That town must be huge. Anyway, I got my favorite disgustingly bad-for-you food, wings and onion rings. Hey, it's low-carb. Sue me. I had a salad for dinner.

Yesterday I used the stupid paint buddies to touch up paint and scuffs and nicks in the house. All 8 colors! And now SOME of the colors look very weird where I touched up. Unfortunately, in the downstairs hallway and stairwell, that was EVERYWHERE, because those walls got the brunt of whatever we decided to move into the family room. It was SUGE annoyingly hard work, worse because 3 of the paint buddies clogged - do not buy them, waste of money, just get the damn brush and paint out and touch up once a year. That's "PaintBuddy" by Rubbermaid. Stupid piece of crap, you have to clean the rollers every time. Why don't you just clean the brushes? Anyway, it exhausted me, and we stayed late at Bob's parents' last night, and now I feel like a big, gestating, slug.

Some days that's all I feel like doing, gestating. :-) That's what my friend said when she was pregnant w/ her twin - she basically gestated for 37 weeks. Work/eat/sleep/repeat. I don't know what school will do to me, I see a lot of that in my future. Thank GOD Bob's not doing marching band. At first I felt guilty, being part of the reason he's not going back to it. Now I just think of a new reason every day why I am SOOOOO happy that he'll be here instead of at practice Tuesday and Thursday (gone from 5:15 to 10:00 at night, driving tons) and staying through after school on Fridays and not getting home till midnight, and going to early practice on Saturday and doing one, occasionally TWO competitions and getting home at 11 or 12 at night or LATER on Saturdays. I thought they were all pyscho, but they won literally EVERY SINGLE COMPETITION they entered. Never less than a first place, ever. They must have been doing something right. But at what price?

Yeah, soooo happy about him being home. Especially as I start to feel a little bit more like an elephant every day. I seriously sat there at dinner contemplating if it was worth it to get off my ass and waddle over get the parm out of the fridge.

Tomorrow we have our 6th month appointment. We also start with ANOTHER ultrasound (don't hear me complaining, I'm just hoping it hurts less than last time!) because when we were at the office on the 18th of July for our "big one", baby-of-mine wouldn't cooperate. Somehow the child refused to show us both a good shot of her spine and a good shot of her belly. (They have to check the location that the cord enters the baby.) She's good at this not-cooperating thing, so we'll see how this goes.

BEFORE that we have to drive to my school because during the construction that has taken over this summer, the new HVAC unit the installed on the roof leaked into my classroom and storage room, and another classroom. I had a closet full of carefully packed-away xylophones and paper classroom decorations, posters, etc. Yeah, all water damaged, ruined, my principal says. So tomorrow we go and take inventory of what was damaged, and the contractors have to pay for new ones. It's annoying, but in the end, HEY, I get new xylos! Wait till the contractor finds out how much classroom Orff instruments cost. Whaa hahahahahah!

Ok, so then we go off to the appointment where the baby may or may not show us what the doctors need and I may or may not get my hip and pubic bones beaten to a bloody pulp by an ultrasound transducer. Then Bob's mom asked us to stop by the Hallmark she works at in the summer to show her any pictures and update her, etc. Then later in the day I'm meeting a teacher friend at the Deptford mall to walk around and be all shoppy and social. I hope she brings her little girl, Kayla is the best behaved 2 year old I've EVER seen. It's amazing.

After inventorying, getting beaten with a medical instrument, and shopping till I drop, I will spend the rest of the day and the following day on a couch, chair, or bed, recovering. :-) Cause I'm a wuss.

Then Thursday we go to G'burg. Which should be QUITE interesting, because my grandmother broke her arm yesterday, and while she and my grandfather are fine about it, and her surgery is scheduled for Thursday


So anyway, big day tomorrow, really tired today, gonna go test my blood sugar and sleep it off.

No comments: