generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, August 20, 2006

August 17th - 20th - Visit to G'burg & Baby Shower

Well, we're back from G'burg and slowly recovering.
We were both so zonked after the trip that we went to bed at 9 last night! (About 3 1/2 -4 hours before our usual bedtime.) We had a very nice time in G'burg, for the most part. I think we actually sleep TOO well, and then we end up with all kinds of aches and pains. It's REALLY dark in my mom's basement, you have no idea what time of morning it is, you could sleep till 3 in the afternoon!

So the highlight of the trip was the BABY SHOWER that my mother & sister threw for us. Yes, I mentioned in earlier posts (I think) that Bob's mom is throwing us a baby shower here next month. Since 75% of my family and 90% of my friends are here, it makes sense. But I guess my mom couldn't let me not have a shower in Gettyburg, so my very small family got together for one last family dinner before baby time, and gave us a shower. My mom, sister, Grandmom, Pappy, Uncle Gene, Aunt Doris, Aunt Jenny, Uncle Bob, cousin Mallory and cousing Grant were there. Yep, men, too. And some of them even participated in the little games my mom had going. One game involved them all guessing the baby's name. They put all the guesses in a vase and we had to pull them out and read them and if anybody gets it right, when the baby's born they get a prize. I guess they expected us to tell them if they got it right, but there was NO way that was happening, plus nobody was even close. Wa ha ha! And some of them were WAY out there. "Terry Lee" oh, yeah, let's change her name to that gem.

So I made a pig of myself with the deviled eggs and we got several nice outfits for baby, cute toys, our pack & play, and soft carrier. (See Bob modeling!) It was very nice.


Well, anyway, we were very happy to have our shower, since we need all the help we can get with all the baby gear and clothes. And we already took the pack & play out and set it up. See, you get a new toy, you have to play with it.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: