generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, August 31, 2006

VMA's are Beautiful

So I'm channel surfing and I see Jack Black's pudgy little head telling me to change the channel to MTV because the VMA's are on. Ok...I'll give it a chance. Thursday night summer TV sucks. Watching the opening kind of makes you wonder if they've somehow accidentally aired the tape of the dress rehearsal. It's all very choppy thrown-together, and although Jack Black keeps making jokes about stuff not going well, stuff really ISN'T going that well. Which makes his jokes pretty damn lame.

And the first award I see is for best Male Video - and there's Busta Rhymes featuring pretty much everybody on earth including I believe an old babysitter, Kanye West - who stole the blues standard "I Gotta Woman" for his piece of crap , Nick Lachey - excuse me while I puke - and James Blunt, for "You're Beautiful". Remember that? Love that song. I love a hot British guy telling me I'm beautiful every time I turn on the radio, frankly.

Did you know that the lyrics aren't really "She could see from my face that I was flying high"?

Yeah, he was "F*ckin' high", if you get the original recording. Which totally changes the meaning... he he.

And I'm SHOUTING at my TV to let Blunt win and knowing he won't because Hiphop runs MTV and has for a few years...

But he DOES win. Holy! And I now have 10% more faith in this stupid network that used to play music.

Oooh, and now Shakira is spending a good 20 seconds doing convincingly authentic Arabian dance before her song starts. Damn, and she actually stays on key while belly dancing. New respect here. I'm quite jealous of her famously truthful hips. ;-)

Do they use any over-dubbing for awards show performances, or can I actually be very impressed with Shakira right now?

And the Female Video: Ok, except for Nelly Furtado's song (which I hate only because it was a very annoying cell phone commercial), I would have no problem at all with Kelly Clarkson, Shakira, Christina Aguilera, or Madonna. Christina's video is the best, hands down. I believe I've blogged about that piece before. Kelly wins. Ok. The girl's got a voice on her.

Ewww ok naked Jackass 2 cast. What the hell is wrong with these boys...and why is that midget naked?

No comments: