generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

August 22nd - Dad's Here!

We got up early yesterday and waited for Dad to call and tell us he'd flown in. He took a red-eye flight over from California, with a middle-of-the-night stopover in Atlanta, and got into Philly at 9:00 AM. We picked him up from the airport and came home, relaxed, had some lunch, and let him take a nap. He was zonked, and understandably so, with barely any sleep and the 3-hour time change.
Cait arrived around 2, and we all hung out and decided what to do for the evening. Dad really wanted to buy something for the baby off our registry, so I printed it out for him. He picked the most expensive thing on there!!! Not that we're not absolutely thrilled to have the Graco Travel System. But that was one of those things I thought people would get together on, and all chip in. It's a baby carrier, a carseat, an infant stroller and a toddler stroller, all in one box! Gotta love that. Dad was happy because we're definitely going to get good use out of it. And we can tell baby that "Grandad got you this carrier/carseat/stroller!"
Then we went out to Peter's Diner - again, if you're ever in South Jersey, you must try it. Insane amount of food, always leftovers for lunch the next day, and the prices are more than decent.
I got the Mahi Mahi. That's right, I eat fish! (Just not swordfish, shark, and tuna...and some others. And don't get me started on the feta cheese that I miss so much.)
We came home and finally got to show Dad the DVD of our wedding (thank you TUG, about 3 years late!) and we then started in on the Simpsons Season 8 DVD's. Classic stuff, I forgot about that season. The "Bart's Gay" episode alone is golden.
Today we're playing it very low-key. Cait has to leave shortly because she works in G'burg tonight, and she's meeting "the boy" for coffee in Philly on her way... Dad's probably still pretty tired, he just got up now. But then again, to his body it's only 8:30 in the morning. We have to drop into Bob's folks' house to have Bob sign a loan paper for Laura - he's co-signing on a loan for her for school, since he's got really good credit. And that way my dad can come over and say "hey" to Bob's parents...well, his mom at least. And we can show him the tiki hut that we're all quite proud of.
Right now Cait's swimming and Max is whining, and we're hanging out on the deck. Bob's doing school-prep work and talking to his Grandpop on the phone, and Dad's in the shower inside.
And baby's kicking. HOLY CRAP was she kicking last night. I'm actually sore on my right side, just leftover from being her punching bag. I guess she's lying sideways now, or something, I had to have two little feet stuck in my side for 3 hours last night. I can't imagine that her little arms and hands are that strong yet. I'm going to try to get her to kick for Grandad today, while he's here. Hopefully crazylegs will cooperate.
*sigh*
I realized this morning that 10 weeks ago was almost the end of the school year, the beginning of summer. Not that long ago, summer flew by. And 10 weeks from now...
baby could come at ANY minute. I'd be almost 37 weeks, that's full-term.
Holy freakin' frijoles!

No comments: