generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, August 21, 2006

August 21st - My Bad Dog & Dad's Coming

My dumb dog! I organized all the goodies that we got at the shower for the baby in her room. I put mostly everything in her closet, but some stuff just isn't going to fit until we get the dresser, so I ended up putting this Lamaze brand ring stacker toy on the floor under her crib. And 10 minutes ago I find two of the rings behind the recliner, one on the floor in the office, and one still on the base under the kitchen table. Arg! That dog! We're in trouble! He likes anything soft, and since the stacker is techinically a "stuffed" toy, I guess that means it's his now - NOT! We're going to have to keep all her stuffed toys in the playpen or crib, or else deal with a ton of wet or slightly crusty animals. He already got to this little pink bunny that Bob's mom got her...Max and I need to have a little talk. Cute though he is, we're going to have to work on his theivery.

Ah, a lovely day at home. Well, there was work to be done, but it got done, so who cares.
See, Dad's coming tomorrow, all the way from California. He's flying out at 9:55 their time, so 2:55 AM our time. He has a 2-hour stop-over in Atlanta, and then he flies into Philly tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM. Yep, he's taking the red-eye. All the way from sunny CA. To see me. Pregnant. Seriously, that's why he's coming. I mean, it's AWESOME that he's coming, it's just a little weird, like I feel like I have to look GOOD and pregnant tomorrow, or something. Which, with the right shirt on, I definitely do. It's just that when people think of pregnant chicks, they picture what they look like at 9 months, not 6 1/2 months. Sounds ridiculous, but I hope he isn't disappointed in my tumminess.
So today we had to get the house into shape, and get some freakin' fruits and veggies from Produce Junction, and generally putter and relax.
I vacuumed the pool, cleaned the house, watched TV, surfed, and read. God, I love summer. It's sweet. Of course I feel bad that Bob's upstairs 'doing the floors' right now. (That means using the Hoover Floormate on all our hard floors, which is most of the house.) He did all the outside stuff - mowing the front, weedwhacking, blowing, etc. and made dinner. I did the bathrooms, dusted, straightened, made up the guest room, prettied up the baby's room, and vacuumed the pool. It was a little too cold out there in the pool after it got dark. Fall is coming???

Let's see, what else is going on?
Hey, I got BLINKIES!!! Bobby showed me how.

Switch gears - Oh my GOD do I miss cereal. I haven't had cereal in months. I'm totally buying cereal and having it as a snack, not breakfast, cause that would be forbidden.

And Nachos. I want nachos. Big-ass, shredded chicken nachos with melted cheddar and lots of jalapeno slices. Bring it, baby.

Ok, hormonal cravings wave over.

Well, I guess we're going to finish up the house, do a little computering, and chill for the night.

Bob started reading to the baby last night - yes, through my tummy. After 25 weeks gestation a baby's hearing is almost completely developed and they can recognize and react to familiar voices. They've proven that if you get your baby used to her daddy's voice, she'll react and be calmed by his voice after birth, not just yours. (Handy when he gets up with her a night and lets you sleep.) It's awesome, though. He's so sweet with her, and she's not even born!

She is, however, standing on my bladder. Posted by Picasa

No comments: