generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, August 09, 2006


I have decided that at this moment, Blue's Clues is the only cartoon character I like enough to have on clothes, bibs, toys, or other stuff for my kid. At least that's what I say right now. Going shopping for a baby is like watching Saturday morning cartoons. Winnie the Pooh (classic and modern), Dora, Sesame Street, it goes on and on. Dora was cool, but now there's her 'cousin' Diego's show, which is supposedly doing better. Why did we need a boy show? It was so nice to have a show about a little GIRL? Most of the monsters on Semseme street are boys, too, what's up with that?
I like Blue. I'm sticking with Blue. She's a SHE. I also like that she's a dog, which people usually think of as boys, and she's BLUE - again, boys - but she's NOT a boy. Wha ha ha! (My hidden feminist regime is poking out, oh no!)
Ok, done my tirade. There's just not enough active non-pink-tutu-wearing roll models for little girls on kid's TV anymore.
Remember Allegra's Window? That was an awesome show. All the characters had music names. Rondo and Riff and Sonata and Melody and...cook. Oh well.

No comments: