generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, August 06, 2006

August 6th - Christening & stuff

Today was my friend Stacey's babies' Christening. Stace had twins back in March, awesome little babies, Sohpia and Kevin. We actually skipped the service (shut up, she told us too, too many family, not much space) and went to the reception afterwards at her house. The place looked great, there was tons of quite yummy food - although I later regreted my food choices for the day when I felt like a lump of lead had settled in my stomach. Sausage & peppers, chicken parm, meatballs, greenbeans almondine, and kilbasa w/ sour kraut can do that to you. Not to mention tons of cheese cubes. Cheese is my favorite food, I think. Seriously, what is there that cheese can't make better?
Anyway, I assumed there would be a house full of pushy relatives and we'd get no baby-time at all. I mean, we're just friends, we're pretty low on the baby-holding food chain. Ha! I walked in, said hello to Stacey, and she immediately said, "I need to give this baby to someone", handed him off to me and Kevie and Bob and I had baby time for a good half-hour. Love babies! Especailly when they spit up on my husband. That's the bomb. I feel pretty confident with Stacey's kids, cause she doesn't act like they're extremely fragile and should be wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in a museum. I scooped Kevie up and wiped him off and handed him back to Bob, who was I'm sure terrified that A) he'd caused the spit-up and B) the kid was going to blow again. Such fun.

We left after about 3 1/2 hours, hanging out and talking to school people and admiring James' cutie 2-year old and Stephy's 3-year old in their party dresses. There was an annoying nephew boy there, and a few older grade-school aged girls chasing the dogs around. Stace had left the TV on w/ no volume on a kiddie channel for Adele and Amy, and the stupid boy (way too old to be watching toddler shows) kept bugging me. At a party, in a room for of chatting adults, if we had bugged some random guest and said, 'hey, I can't hear the TV!' indignantly several times...we would have been SO smacked upside the head. Seriously, can you imagine expecting adult strangers to be quiet so you could hear the TV at a party??? Maybe I was raised differently, but MAN would my mom have let me have it. *Freakin' brat. I think little boys get away with WAY too much, because people assume 'boys will be boys'.* But I believe I've ranted about that crap before. Bob says I just don't like little boys. Bull, I like little boys. I like little everythings that don't act like they're the most important thing in the room at any given time.

We went home and I hit the hay briefly - exhausted, I can't do these long days like I used to - and then we went over to Bob's parents. Dinner was roast beef and corn on the cob and other good stuff. And we kept getting Bob's mom off on tangenty stories so we were there till 11 and now I'm going to fall over.

We're supposed to go to the shore tomorrow. I'm hope I feel better tomorrow than I do now. I don't sleep well much anymore, I'm noticing. Like, a GOOD night is when I only wake up 3 times and go to the bathroom and come back and lie down and shift positions (and the 4 pillows it takes to keep me half comfortable). When this is all over, other than *hopefully* being able to eat pasta w/o counting how many carbs and how much dietary fiber it has, my most favorite thing about not being pregnant anymore will be being able to sleep on my back. God I miss my back. Some woman on my birth board went on and on about how important left-side sleeping is and how bad back-sleeping is, despite the fact that babies have been born since, OH, forever, and women only knew about this since about a generation ago. She suggested sewing a tennis ball into the back of all pajamas so you don't accidentally roll over on your back and sleep that way. I hope that woman rots.

No comments: