generated by sloganizer.net

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, August 24, 2006

August 24th - Dad goes home & SLEEPY

Well, I think we're the first people ever to get jetlag without flying. All day I've been feeling about 3 hours ahead of the real time - probably because we got up around 5:00 AM after a summer of 9:00 or later.

Dad had to be at the airport at 6:30 AM or so. Well we all got up and ready to go, and we looked for his flight online to see if it was running on time. It wasn't there! We called the airport, and the recording said they had no record of the flight number! Dad finally got through to a real person who was very unhelpful, and kind of criptic. He kind of sounded like he was reading from a script. It came out that there was a 'security issue' with the flight, or something, and the guy couldn't give Dad any info over the phone, but told him to come to the airport for the flight anyway.

We dropped him off easily at Philadelphia airport at the Delta gate, and just like that, off he went to California! It caught me off gard, he'd just gotten there less than 48 hours before, and I only see him twice a year, if we're lucky. I never realized how much I miss talking to him and having him around. I'm usually perfectly ok with him living in California, but today it really bothered me. I was kind of bummed for a good part of the morning. It's also the last 'thing' of the summer, with visits and trips and stuff happening like crazy recently, it was a lot of this, "well now what?" feeling. I also just missed Dad, I guess.

I thought I'd go back to sleep after we got home, but I ended up relaxing with Bob on the deck and having lunch out there first - it's been so nice lately outside. We were starved by 10:30 so lunch was a tad early. THEN it was naptime. But not before I found "To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar" on the Bravo network and watched the whole thing, because let's face it, Patrick Swayze in drag is not to be missed. Then there was much sleep.

I woke up feeling like it was middle of the night (it was 4:30) and finally got a shower...yeah, I value sleep more than being clean some mornings, ok?
Bob made sauce...mmmm, Bob's sauce... and I sat and filled out the first few pages of the baby book while he cooked. That got us to talking about 'how we met' because of the "How Mommy and Daddy met" page, and Bob actually got out old emails from those days, and we walked down memory lane. Ah, the good old days. It seems sooo long ago! Well, this September it'll be 7 years we've been together...GEEZ we're old fogies! Well, it's been a lovely 7 years, for sure. :-)

On a slightly more interesting note, it's getting harder to type with this laptop on my lap. First of all, I have an increasingly smaller lap every day, it seems. But lately if I rest the laptop against my tummy at all, it moves. Yes, the laptop gets bumped just enough to kind of mess up my typing. By my kid. Who, by the way, is 27 weeks baked tomorrow.
Third Trimester.
Holy freakin' mother of everything.

Tomorrow we have a growth scan at Virtua at 11AM. We'll see how baby's growing, if her development is on schedule. They check this every 3-4 weeks with GD patients, beause babies of moms with GD tend to grow too big too fast, and that causes all sort of potentially life-threatening issues. She was measuring right on last time, August 1st, and had no heart problems visible on the fetal echo. It's SO exciting to get to see baby at these monthly scans. She always shocks us with how much she's grown...and how much she moves, although I'm quite aware of how much she moves now. Hence the bouncing keyboard. But although it feels like Christmas morning to get to see a picture of our daughter, we're actually there to check for issues in growth and development because of the GD...so there's always that bit of nervousness and "what if?" feeling, too.

Ha! My whole stomach just jerked! Well, she's apparently got healthy legs, at least!

No comments: